Greece’s outstanding response to the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic has enabled the country to safely welcome tourists for the summer season of 2020. Greece remained in the green zone on most international travel lists throughout the season.
Greece is currently going through the second wave of the pandemic and the government has implemented movement restrictions. National travel is limited and most tourism businesses are closed. More information about eligible ways and movement permits within Greece is available on forma.gov.gr/en.
As of November 11, 2020 all travellers are required to have a negative molecular COVID-19 test result (PCR), performed up to 72 hours before their entry to Greece. The certificates should be written in English and bear the name and passport/national ID number of the traveller.
All travellers to Greece must also fill in the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) up to 48 hours prior to travel. This can be done online by following this link: travel.gov.gr/
The PLF allows the Greek authorities to identify high-risk travellers, test them again upon arrival and trace them effectively if the result is positive. Travellers tested COVID-19 positive will be subject to a mandatory 10-day quarantine at specified hotels around the country.
During the 2020 summer season we successfully implemented a COVID-19 company policy to ensure the health and safety of all our travellers and to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. This policy is aligned with all directions and guidelines provided by the Greek government and will continue into 2021, for as long as is required. In case of any policy changes following your reservation, we will update you as soon as possible by email.
FLEXIBLE BOOKING: RESCHEDULING & CANCELLATION POLICY
In order for you to look forward in these uncertain times, we have adjusted our 2021 reservation policy.
A. For any booking confirmed until 28.02.2021:
● A deposit of 30% is required upon booking within 7 days.
● The balance payment of 70% is due up to 30 days before embarkation.
● The charter can be cancelled free of charge, 90 days before embarkation and the deposit will be refunded immediately.
Rescheduling: In case you are unable to travel due to COVID-19 related
In that case we will offer a voucher that you can use later in the season or the following year. When rescheduling the charter, the client may choose to:
● Change to a bigger or smaller yacht, subject to payment of any price difference.
● Reschedule to a higher/lower pricelist period subject to payment of any price difference.
The rescheduling of your booking is always subject to availability of the desired yachts for the new charter dates. For any changes later than 60 days prior to embarkation, the following policy applies:
B. Reservation Policy for bookings confirmed after 28.02.2021:
● A deposit of 50% is required upon booking within 7 days.
● The balance payment of 50% is due 30 days before embarkation.
● The charter can be rescheduled no earlier than 3 weeks before embarkation in case of last minute travel restrictions as described above.
● The charter can be cancelled with the following conditions:
We understand that we live in special circumstances and promise to do anything in our power to remain flexible. Our team has successfully handled all rescheduling and cancellations requests during the 2020 season and will continue to do that for as long as this situation continues. Our utmost priority is to help you realize your dream of sailing the Greek islands and have an unforgettable holiday experience!
AIRPORT TRANSFERS, CHECK-IN / OUT PROCESS
Our commitment to keep our guests safe and healthy starts from the moment you set your foot in Greece. Our goal is to create a smooth and stress-free check-in/out process that will limit the risk of exposure to the virus for all involved parties.
That’s why we complete the entire check-in and check-out process in an open space or on-board the boat. Protective equipment will be used by all parties and a distance of at least 1.5 meters will be maintained during the process.
We have worked towards a health protocol that addresses boat hygiene in this unique environment. These are the steps we follow:
● Minimum 12 hours hold time between consecutive charters, to allow extra time for thorough cleaning and the appropriate ventilation of the boat interior.
● Thorough cleaning and disinfection of all deck / exterior spaces by spraying sodium chloride solution and allowing (min.) 10 minutes of contact time.
● Steam cleaning of the boat interior with extra attention to fabrics in the cabins, seating spaces, chairs, tables, door handles, drawers and cupboards.
● A registry of every person on board a vessel including their name, capacity, in & out times.
● Regular monitoring of the health condition of all our staff.
● Free bottles of antiseptic gel, masks, and other personal protective equipment.
● Temperature check of all crew members upon arrival.
● A detailed briefing and written instructions regarding the necessary steps to follow if a crew member shows COVID-19 symptoms during your holiday.
HEALTH PRECAUTIONS – GUIDELINES FOR GUESTS
We have prepared the below list of health precautions that all our guests are strongly advised to follow. It is important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these precautions and take corrective action in case of deviation.
● Visitors or additional guests are not allowed on board. Only crew members that checked-in together on the first day and are registered on the crew list are allowed on the vessel. Compliance to this rule may be checked by any port authority at any destination.
● You are strongly advised against visiting very distant and remote destinations. Access to healthcare services may be difficult, if required, in these locations.
● You are strongly advised to maintain a distance of at least 1.5 meters (5 feet) from people other than your boat crew. Social distancing significantly reduces your risk of exposure to the virus.
● Daily crew temperature checks should be conducted and registered on a special logbook.
● The use of on-board Air-Conditioning is not recommended.